Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jan - May 08 Update (includes Italian Week)

Hi....no really......HI!!!!

Allow me to acknowledge that this is WAY overdue (how funny I wrote a song 2wks ago called "Overdue", anyway I digress) as I was saying....I've been meaning to write and write and write.

I'm typing this from my bed at my family home in Brisbane, Australia, it's 1.27am and my eyes are feeling quite heavy, almost like a sleep starvation....though they're being little troopers right now. I got back to Australia, as I normally do, at the end of Dec 07, and decided to stay a little longer than normal as this year as I had other things i wanted to do, some of which involves music and some that doesn't.

It's been fabulous being home amongst family and friends and not rushing off so quickly. Though, as it gets colder here, I AM missing my winter wardrobe that is still in London, given I had no solid plans or timelines.

The music project that I've sort of told you about, but not really, is still under wraps, but progressing very nicely with label meetings that have started happening over here. I don't want to ruin the surprise, but I do wish I could let you hear some of the tunes now, because I'm so proud of it.....but I'll wait. Discussions are currently happening, so I will unfold necessary information at the right time. Thanks for bearing with me on that.

The other thing I've taken on this year, is a house renovation/development. I love the whole property market thing etc, and wanted to try a full project and yep, I've definitely tackled a FULL ON project. So at the moment, I'm dealing with tradesmen during the day, plus personally getting in there with the dust and grime, and then at night doing the music side....so i feel like QUITE the schizophrenic, but I'm not complaining. I'd much prefer to be busy than idle.

And the 3rd thing going on right now is Italian Week 08. I was asked by Alessandro Sorbello from New Realm Media to perform at the event which is being held at South Bank Piazza in Brisbane on June 1, and must say, i'm very proud to be a part of it! It's a new, fresh team of people with great ideas who are dedicated to making this festival fabulous. I'll be performing a few originals i've never sung live before, plus a few italian songs. I don't think many of you would have ever heard me singing in italian before. I do hope they'll have a live feed on their website, so you can all watch it. So I've been organising the music for the musicians so that their marvellous talents can be heard! You can find more at: http://www.italianweek.com.au


Naturally you can all imagine that I'm devastated to be missing out on watching the Time Machine tour DVD from Mr Darren Hayes! I believe that's happening in London in June and it looks like some of you will see it before I do....I have seen a snippet of it, and it looks great! Whoever sees it first, ENJOY!

Well right now, I am DYING to rest my poor little eyes, so from them and i, we bid you adieu, and until next time.....just be!

love aml
xoxo

No comments: